||[Jun. 19th, 2007|12:53 pm]
A birth community for homebirthers etc.
Hello! My name is Kyndra, I'm expecting November 22nd. (17w5d) Hooray for Thanksgiving Day Babies. I'm 31 years old, and living in beautiful Colorado.
This is my first pregnancy and child. Everything so far has been pretty fantastic. I had a little bit of queasiness here and there, but nothing that kept me from functioning. I still can't quite believe I'm actually pregnant and will be having a baby soon. So excited. My partner and I TTC for about 3 months.
So far I've had a little resistance from my Mom on my plans for a natural birth and the way I plan to parent, but she's coming around slowly.
As for the babe:
I already have my hospital, OB and doula lined up.
- My OB is fantastic, very supportive and encouraging and her cesarean rate is below 10%! She helps to educate and to allow ideas of her patients to be heard, too.
- The hospital is touted as very "baby" friendly, and from stories, I hear they are very supportive of all kinds of birthing techniques and welcome doulas and support "staff" in your room.
- My doula is a good friend, who I met about a year ago at a temp job. Even though we only worked together for about 2 weeks, we instantly bonded and I'm so excited that she will be there to help me through. She'll be newly certified in July, and I'm excited to work with her.
- I'm going for all natural. Laboring at home as long as possible, and since the hospital is only 5 minutes away, I feel comfortable doing so and my OB is all for it.
- I will breastfeed (hopefully with no problems, due to surgery *see below on both breasts 4 years ago, but I have healed greatly and have perfect sensitivity and nipple shape now!)
- We will co-sleep
- We will cloth diaper
A little history about me:
- Grew up in Colorado, living here again after living in Washington state, California and Vancouver BC.
- Previously married, I've been divorced for about 5 years, and my partner and I have been together about as long. We were long time friends previously, and are very happy together! No plans to wed, as we've both "been there, done that" and don't see any real benefit to having a piece of paper.
- I had a gastric bypass in 2001, and lost 180 lbs. Subsequently, I had 2 reconstructive plastic surgeries to remove excess skin due to weight loss. One circumferential body lift, the other a * breast reduction. I'm 100% healthy and have had no complications from my surgery other than anemia, which I now have fully under control.
- We live and eat almost 100% organic/natural/green (whatever you want to call it) thankfully we live near many wonderful places that allow us access to amazing produce and products.
And I think that's about it!